picture courtesy of Kristen Davide PhotographyOn October 2, 2010, I married the love of my life.
The day was absolutely perfect.
If I were to imagine the best and most amazing wedding day, this would have completely eclipsed it.
I walked down the aisle with my dad. A man who has been there for me for 28 years and who I trust implicitly with my life. I was so happy to have him with me at such an important day.
The first glimpse I got of my future husband was enough to take my breath away. He looked as handsome as I've ever seen him. And happy. The happiness just radiated from him. It was incredible.
And the ceremony itself was sacred and wonderful. There's something so amazing about saying the vows that so many people have said before us. And being surrounded by our family and friends was the best feeling in the world.
The reception was just pure fun. I loved seeing everyone and dancing the entire night away. I didn't care that my feet started to hurt. It was just the most fun I've ever had in my life. And the best part was that I was married to my best friend and we were together forever.
Everyone told us that the day would go by so fast and we wouldn't remember the half of it. So we made sure to take time to take the day in. And I remember it all.
I remember that the trolley was so bumpy in the back we thought we'd fall out of our seats.
I remember that during the ceremony, my in-laws smiled so hard that I thought their faces would have to start hurting.
I remember seeing how proud my dad looked through the entire day.
I remember feeling so horrified that one of my best friends fell and hurt her knee during cocktail hour. And that she toasted us while sitting on the floor with ice on her leg.
I remember taking the first steps as husband and wife. And how good it felt that we were cemented together for life.
I remember dancing the last dance to "New York, New York". And having everyone in the place dancing in a line with us.
And I remember walking towards a new life, with my brand new husband.

No comments:
Post a Comment