Monday, September 21, 2009

Engagement Party

I'm so tired as I write this post, but it's such a great tired.

Yesterday, Paul and I got to celebrate our engagement with the best party ever.

Our two moms decided to throw us the most amazing party and invite our wedding party so that everyone could get to know each other. Of course, we had some other fun peeps in attendance.

I thought the best way to remember the day was through pictures.


My new favorite picture of us. I was so happy to see him after a week apart! I have no idea how we're going to survive our long distance engagement!

The best maid of honor a girl could ask for! Oh, how I miss living a room apart!
My amazing sister-in-law-to-be made this gorgeous cake

My mom made this sign (in chalk!) to welcome everyone to the party. This is a replica of the watercolor painting she did for Paul a few years ago for Christmas.

I love this picture. It's awesome that we have such great families that we know will love and support us through anything.

How it all started...

Another mom sign. This one announcing all our yummy food! We decided to have a Buffalo Themed buffet. So we ate Chef's sauce, Sahlen's hot dogs, polish sausage, horseradish, blue cheese, chicken wing soup, and Bison dip!

In true party fashion, we had enough to feed an army!

Yummy appetizers!

The best part of dinner - dessert!

Mingling before dinner

The food was a hit! My 2 grandpas were in attendance and chowed down.

Of course, I couldn't leave out Paul's grandparents either, who had a good time, as well.

Practicing for the big day!

Danny, Stef, and Pete

I heart my Mommy and Danny!

Prepping myself for a lifetime on the sea

We gave Josh, Kristin, and Melissa, our ring bearer and flower girls, some fun presents. And they tore into them so fast, I'm shocked w

Wedding Party

The best college roommates I could have ever wished for. Oh, I love these girls!

This could mean something good or something really bad.

Opening "our" gifts...which translates into something for me that Paul has to tolerate! ;-)

I was so happy all day. I think this picture sums it up. I smiled so much and had such a fun time that I didn't want the party to ever end.

My super amazing mother-in-law. I'm so lucky to have someone like her in my life.

My mom is the best. She hates this picture (because her eyes are closed) but I couldn't leave her out of this because I love her so much. She worked so hard on this party and I couldn't ever thank her enough.

So that's the party in pictures.

The day was amazing and I wouldn't have changed anything in it for the world.

A great big thank you to our parents who threw this party for us. We love you so much and can't wait to plan the wedding with you!

And a personal thank you to the man in my life. Without you, there would be no party. Thanks for asking.

No comments: