Monday, April 6, 2009

So not ready...

Today, April 6, 2009, I am the exact age that my mom was on the day that I was born.

Of course, I was born on the other side of the world and she had no idea.

I can honestly say that I am not ready for kids. And I can't even imagine being ready at the age I'm at right now.

Friday night, Paul and I hung out with Baby Michael and I *loved* holding him. He was so adorable. I couldn't get enough of how little he was. And how great he smelled. And how cuddly he was.

But I am *not* ready to be responsible for another person.

As much as a I claim to not want kids, I do want them one day. And I look forward to being a full-time mom. I just know that right now, I am really ready to be a single adult without responsibilities.

But I am very thankful that my mom was ready. Because she's the best mom ever.

No comments: