Paul and I just returned from our weekend in Pittsburgh and we are exhausted! Emily and Mike moved into their new house this week and they wanted some help from us in their unpacking process.
We left on our trek Friday night after work. I thought that it would be like a mini-vacation. Paul seemed skeptical and I just laughed him off. We didn't leave until about 7 and stopped in Erie for some dinner. After a detour into the actual city of Pittsburgh, we didn't get to Em's house until after midnight. I was so exhausted and just wanted to fall into bed.
We got the grand tour of the house - which is crazy beautiful. The woman that restored their place did an amazing job and paid super close attention to the details. Everyone was kept in the period and her attention to details were awesome.
I don't think I got to bed Friday night until about 1:30 and fell asleep immediately.
We got up in the morning and the running around began. We started our day at a local antique mall looking for some tables and any other treasures that Em and Mike could find. They found a few cute things and I think are going back for some more stuff that Emily couldn't live without. Everyone split up then and headed in different directions. The ladies went to Target for some house supplies and the guys went to Home Depot and back to the old apartment to get the last of the stuff. At Target, we roamed and purchased some essential and non-essential items for the house. I was shocked that I managed to keep my purchases under $2 because I only got a pop!! We ended our shopping excursion at the grocery store and headed back.
Once we got back, it was time to start unpacking the dining room. We got a bunch of the china unpacked and put away, but man, they have a lot of stuff. We continued unpacking and stashing stuff and then had to get dinner ready because Mike's parents were coming over for dinner. We did manage to get a lot of stuff done and in record time. Although there is a ton of crap just stashed in their basement and spare room. Oh well...welcome to a new place!
The dinner party was super fun. Mike's parents and Rachel and her bf came over to hang out. The food was amazing and I know I ate way way way too much. I'll be working out double time this week to curb the effects of that dinner alone! Everyone seemed to have a fun time and Paul was in his glory grilling everything. I swear he is so happy tending to meat on a grill. lol Somehow we managed to stay up until like midnight again and I fell into a slumber on my air mattress.
Sunday morning we all hung out on the porch eating some breakfast and drinking some coffee and tea for awhile before church. It was fun just to be able to relax and not have to rush around. When we got to church, it was sweltering hot and a first communion! Both things I don't really like - lol. But the kids were cute and mass didn't seem like it was too long. We headed back to the house after church for some snacks and clean up before heading home.
When we finally got home, I was absolutely exhausted. I slept the majority of the way home and crashed when I got to the house. It was lovely to just lay on the couch and veg for a bit.
While I had fun and I had a good time hanging out with Em and Mike...it was definitely not a vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment