Friday, December 19, 2008

breaking down christmas vacation

Countdown:
3 days until traffic court
5 days until Christmas
11 days until New Year's Eve
17 days until the BEC portion of the CPA exam
18 days until I have to return to work

Status:
Traffic Court
I got a speeding ticket for going 31 mph in a 20 mph school zone in Franklinville, NY. I pled not guilty on the ticket and have a cout date of Monday at 7pm. I am nervous that I'm going to have to pay a massive fine and still receive points on my license. That's what I get for not paying attention on that long drive to Olean. One that I don't have to make anymore. Super. I love that it cost me money to go to work. Lesson learned. I now drive no more than 5 mph over the speed limit, unless in a school zone. (So yes, if I'm in a 15 mph zone now, I go 14 mph.) Even if it is to the detriment of the morale of those driving around me.

Christmas
I still need to procure presents for 4 men in my life: my 2 Grandpas, Mailman Bob, and Paul. I know what I am getting all 4 of them, but haven't had a chance to get to the required stores. Here's hoping I find some time either tomorrow or Monday.

New Year's Eve
We were invited to Pittsburgh to ring in 2009, but I have not yet RSVP'd. My attendance is dependent upon the status of the item directly below.

CPA Exam
I am EXTREMELY behind. Let me say that again. I. AM. EXTREMELY. BEHIND. Between work and Christmas shopping and just generally slacking, I have a lot of work to do in the next 17 days. I am grateful that I have 17 days left, but I also have to keep in mind that I have 2 major holidays and about 10 holiday parties to attend. Including an all-day affair. And if I study on Christmas Day, I think it will disappoint more than a few peeps.

I am determined to pass this test, though. I passed FAR and now BEC is on the horizon. I CAN DO THIS. I had a mini freak out this evening, but that's par for the course. I expect to have another couple. Although I am going to have a major cow if I can't get through this material before Christmas.

That is my goal. To get through all the material between now and Christmas. Then spend the next 10 days or so just doing the questions. It seemed to work for me last time. Here's hoping I can memorize about 200 formulas!

I *can* do this.

Work
I am taking a much needed break from work. Although I have been *working* from home lately, I am looking forward to not having to open my laptop and check my emails. I am planning on going to work on Monday. We're delivering toys to sick kids in the hospital. So this isn't really like work. It's more like charity. And something good to do for the kids that aren't going to be snuggled in their beds and waking up to Santa in the living room.

Due to the holiday schedule, I am taking off 18 days, but that only includes 6 days of vacation! Which is good that I don't have to use vaca, but my balance is super high. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Conclusion:
I have a *lot* of work to do in the next 18 days.

I'll be sure to blog the updates! ;-)

No comments: