I started reading the book "Love You, Mean It". As weird as this sounds, I absolutely love this book. It's written by 4 women who lost their husbands in the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. They talk about how they found either other, grieved, and moved on with life. I know this sounds like an incredibly depressing book, but it's actually very good. I find this book to be so inspiring. It shows that no matter what horrible things can happen to a person, you will go on. And it definitely shows me that you need to live your life to the fullest. That you never know what can happen. These men died by going to work, something that every one of us does on a daily basis. We can never take life for granted. I feel like I need to read this book every so often so I can be reminded how important my family and friends are, because it can all be gone in an instant. Especially with Christmas coming up, I wanted to be reminded how important it was to be with family and stop complaining about how I was going to fit in seeing everyone.
Speaking of Christmas, I only have 2 more presents to buy and I will be all set! I am so excited to give my presents this year, because I think I got some people some really great ones that I think they will love. Christmas is definitely one of my most favorite times of the year. I think because now that I'm old enough, I realize that the season is about giving. And I feel that I truly love giving things to my loved ones.
I have quite a busy few days coming up. Tomorrow I have a meeting at Frog Hair to talk about a succession plan on my client for FY08. It should be a good meeting, as we'll be able to have our say about how we want things to work going forward and I'll get a pretty good meal. Then, Friday I have an appointment to get my nails done for Christmas, and hopefully meet Amie out for dinner. (I haven't seen her in so long!) Then on Saturday, we're having a portion of the Schlierf Christmas. Then it's only a few days until Christmas!!
Ending with a quote I read in my book tonight that I have heard before, but thought was appropriate for this post.
To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
to know that even on life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:
Post a Comment