Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby Shower Mania!

A few weeks ago, along with the Hubster's mom, we threw my sweet sister-in-law a baby shower for my future niece or nephew.   So much fun to show, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!


 
I found a bunch of chocolate molds from Amazon and made white chocolate hot air balloons.  Then I made the marshmallows below and stuck them in a vase with some pink and blue m&ms.  It turned out super cute!

This was the perfect way to have the marshmallows dry!!  Stick them in a giant bowl of the m&ms!

Centerpieces on the tables...ahh the finished product!

We made this super cute favor...it's basically envelopes stuck together with different things in each pocket.  I'm going to have to blog how I did this because it's so cute, easy, and a fun favor.

Along with the envelope favor, everyone got a hot air balloon cookie.  My mother-in-law made them and my mom pitched in to help decorating.  Didn't they turn out so cute!!!

Emily seemed super excited to see the house all set up when she got into town.

Adding to the madness was a cute candy buffet.  I really wanted to do this on my own, but time (and money) got away from me.    So instead, we found this super nice lady who does it on the side.  And we found out that she is good friends with one of our family's good friends.  What a small world!

My mother-in-law's living room turned into a banquet hall for the afternoon!



This punch was so incredibly yummy.  Here's the recipe if you're interested!!  1 can frozen lemonade thawed, 1 can frozen orange juice thawed, a 64 oz bottle of apple juice, 2 ltr bottle Sprite, and some sherbet to decorate.  Delicious!



One of things I did for Emily (and am very upset that I forgot to take pictures of!) was a scrapbook.  I had everyone at the shower write a little note to either the baby or Em and then I took a iPhone pic with each guest.  In the week before, I had made a blank scrapbook, so all I had to do was stick the message and print out the picture.  I borrow a friend's printer and I had the entire thing done before we left.  It was such a fun present to be able to give her.

Here are the pics with the family!


The very excited and adorable parents-to-be.  (Yes, she has a super cute bump, but insists on covering it up.)

The shower aftermath! hehe  They got a ton of really cute stuff and since they had to drive it back home, they spent the night organizing and getting everything set.  Seriously - baby stuff is so cute you can't help but oooh and ahhh over it!

Next stop for them:  Baby!!  Baby M arrive mid-April and I for one can't wait!

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

What a sweet and thoughtful baby shower you helped throw! Love all the candy!