Friday, January 25, 2013

Five on Friday

On my gosh - is it seriously Friday already!?!?!?!  It's been a crazy week!!

1.  Last week I posted that I was having issues with my bug bites.  Well over the weekend they completely exploded.  Like I was almost becoming debilitated by them.  They started to get larger and larger and basically by Saturday (during the shower, no less) I had large open sores on my arms, legs, and stomach.  Plus every morning when I woke up, I would find new ones.

I made another doctor's appointment for Monday morning.  This doctor I had seen earlier in the week, so he was able to see how they had gotten worse over the weekend.  He looked me in the eyes and said, "I don't know what this is."  Really comforting huh?  He then decided to take some blood to run some labs.  In the process of taking blood from me, he dropped the vial on the ground and then picked it up and stuck it back on the needle to continue getting it.  Oy.

I was referred to another dermatologist.  This guy was so nice and actually seemed to care about me!  He told me that he wasn't sure what I had but said that he would rather biopsy me and get real results rather than fool around with playing the guessing game!  Oh thank goodness!  I should have the results on Monday and I am anxiously awaiting them.  On the plus side, the medicine that I'm on now seems to be helping and I am much more comfortable.

2.  Heading to Asian Fusion tonight for dinner.  One of my favorite sushi restaurants ever!  I love how we can just sit at the sushi bar and the chefs just make us yummy food.  Oh...so good!!


3.  Baby shower was a HUGE success.  Everything turned out so cute and the new parents to be got some adorable gifts.  Will do a whole other post coming up on the shower with some more fun pics!


4.  Also a huge success:  the Hubster's birthday party! A sneak peak from above is that the Hubster received 6 dozen oysters as an appetizer to his party.  Here he is with his brother and brother-in-law waiting to dig in to their gross treat! hehe

5.  What is everyone doing this weekend?  I think I'm going to get cracking on my (oops) thank you notes from Christmas and scrub the house down.  Really exciting stuff! hehe

No comments: