Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Randoms

Hurray! It's Friday! The day started out kind of gloomy and rainy, but it seems like it's clearing up and looking more like summer. (Although we definitely needed the rain...badly.)

  • A week later and I'm kind of feeling back to normal. Last Friday after work, I had the worst stomach pain of my life. Paul convinced me to head to the ER and for about 5 hours, we thought I was going to have an appendectomy. Thankfully, it was an inflamed colon and no surgery was needed! I'm feeling mostly back to normal now, but I'm definitely not as hungry as I used to be. I could be fine with this development.

  • Prayers for Paul's Nana are needed. She hasn't been feeling too great the last few weeks and is currently in the hospital getting checked out. She's 80, but still as feisty as ever. Hopefully she'll be back home soon.

  • Due to my ER visit, we didn't get to Baltimore last weekend. Hopefully we'll be visiting next weekend.

  • I am SO SO SO excited to see the NKOTBSB concert on Sunday night. When I was 9, my dad told me that I wasn't old enough to see New Kids on the Block perform. They were "too mature" for me and I would have to wait until I was older. So I found out they were coming to a place near my house and paid *way* too much for the tickets. But a good friend and I are going. And in less than 48 hours, I will be thisclose to Donnie, Danny, Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Nick, Howie, AJ and Brian. So take that Dad - 20 years later, I'm showing you who's boss! :)

  • Of course, no concert is complete without accessories. So I picked up a few tank tops at Target a few nights ago and shirt decorating materials at Michael's last night. So Joelle and I are meeting up tonight for some fun shirt decorating! Will post pictures after the concert!!

  • I'm trying to plan a fun vacation for the Hubster and I on our *yikes* first wedding anniversary. I think we might take a trip to a Sandals Resort somewhere in the Caribbean. Since we've both been swamped at work, it's going to be a quick weekend trip, but I'm excited. Also, I feel I need a goal of vacation to get me through the rough days at work.

  • Yesterday I finally closed on my townhouse. It's a bittersweet feeling to no longer be a homeowner. I was so proud of myself for achieving that accomplishment all on my own. It made me feel like I was a success and could do anything I wanted. But since we're not in Buffalo any more and paying a mortgage and rent was stupid, I am happy it sold. Not only did I alleviate a giant amount of debt out of my life, I also got a raise each month! Hopefully I can start saving a ton of money and putting it towards future vacations! (Greek Isles 2012 here we come!!)

  • My new favorite potato chips are Garden Tomato and Basil.

  • I am trying to stop drinking so much pop. When I was home sick on Monday, I was watching Dr. Oz and he was talking about the 28 Day Soda Free Challenge. I was relieved to find out that I wasn't as addicted as some of the people on the show. The one lady drank about 13 cans per day. Yes, 13 cans! But I do sometimes drink more than I should - sometimes 2 cans per day. So I've decided to try to drink more water and less pop/sugary drinks. I don't think I'm going to completely give up pop, but drink it in moderation - no more than once a week. (Also, the inflammation in my colon on Friday was exacerbated by my dehydration. Which was probably caused by the heat wave we've been having. Apparently my body deals better with snow than heat...weird...)
Looking forward to the weekend! :)

No comments: