Friday, July 15, 2011

Buffalo Vacation!

Our week in Buffalo was absolutely amazing. It was every single bit of happiness that I had imagined. I took some pictures (although not as many as I had originally wanted) and thought I'd share my week in pictures!

We started our trip on Sunday morning. It was a nice surprise too that we didn't hit any traffic. And that never happens!

About an hour into the trip, we realized that the windshield wipers on Paul's car were acting kind of funny. So we took this crazy detour per the GPS to a Wal-Mart to buy some new ones. I was shocked when we pulled into the parking lot and it wasn't that busy. And that was because the store is closed on Sunday! Seriously - what kind of Wal-Mart is closed on a Sunday!?!?!

So we made a fix on the wipers and kept driving. Another 2 hours later, it got really sunny and Paul realized he forgot his sunglasses. I offered mine up and promised to (not) share this picture with the entire world!


SHHH - don't tell him I posted it! lol

Right after I took this picture, I realized that I had forgotten my bag of toiletries on the floor of our bedroom. That's right - I had no glasses, no spare pair of contacts, no makeup, no curling iron, no jewelry, no feminine products - NOTHING. Of course I scoured the back seat and grilled Paul about maybe it being in the back seat. We quickly determined that, no, my bag was gone. And then we had this conversation:

Paul: Are you saying that when we get home, you're going to have to go directly to the store and buy crap?

Me: Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. But I did plan on stocking up on a bunch of that stuff anyway.

Paul: Is that for real or an excuse to buy more stuff?

Since there was no use in getting all upset over this, I put it behind me and started getting excited about seeing Bob and Jen!!



Jen and I met when we both worked at PwC. She was the first person I met there and we've been friends ever since. She left the firm a few years before me and moved to Florida, where Bob was a Navy JAG. They moved back to Syracuse a few years ago, right before Zach was born. Now they have a new little munchkin, Jacob.

I had a blast hanging out with them and catching up. But we quickly realized that we are *so* not ready for kids and pets yet. This house has 2 crazy dogs, a toddler, and a newborn. It was complete madness. I wasn't over the fact that the 2 year old destroyed 3 rooms (playroom, family room, and laundry room) in under 15 minutes. It was like a Zach tornado. Oy.

But that's not to say I don't love snuggling a baby!


Isn't he so cute? :)

From there we drove home and got to see our parents. Which we absolutely loved!!

For the 4th, we spent virtually the entire day on Lake Erie. We sailed around with my in-laws and had so much fun. I got to read my new book, take a nap, and get a tan! And then we anchored in the harbor to see fireworks. Thanks to my awesome camera, I got some pretty good pictures.


So much fun!!

The rest of the week was so great. I feel like I'm gushing, but it was seriously an amazing week.

We ended the week with the wedding of my cousin Peter.

A quick backstory about Pete. Pete is the one that introduced me to the Hubster. Pete's parents are my godparents (his dad is my dad's brother). And they are the ones that introduced my parents. My aunt knew my mom from work and introduced her to my dad (her brother-in-law). So we joke that Pete's kids have a really big responsibility to set up my kids! haha



Pete and Stef looked so happy and it made me just burst with happiness for them. I was honored that they asked Paul and I to do a reading at their ceremony. I really feel like the wedding ceremony is just so much more sacred to us now that we've been through it. I love that as you enter the church on your own, you leave together. But in between, something so sacred happens.

The rest of the night was awesome - they had a German band play during cocktail hour. The band was called "The Frankfurters". How funny is that!?!

Here are some more fun pics!


The delicious cake!!


Hanging out with the Hubster! (I thought that I would be artsy, play with the settings on my camera, and not use a flash...and thus all of my pics are dark.)


Old Roommates!


My Dad and Uncle


My Grandpa. He's usually a very cranky old man. But he had a great time. I think it's contributed to the fact that all 5 of his kids and 7 of his 9 grandchildren wanted to hang out with him. I mean the man is 88, still drives, and is in awesome shape. And he's my Grandpa - of course I want to hang out with him!


Some of our best friends. And if you look at Meg's belly, Connor's in there just waiting to come out and say hi. I can't believe that she's 34 weeks pregnant! And so excited to meet the new little guy!

It was a really great week at home. We are so happy to have spent time with the ones we love.

Now - lots to look forward to here! We're heading to Baltimore this weekend for a visit with friends and a "Texas Style Party". The last weekend in July, my in-laws are visiting and I'm heading to the NKOTBSB concert! (Yes, a lifetime goal fulfilled!!!)

August is just as crazy! I'm heading back to Buffalo for a work training and I'd like to get to Pittsburgh to see my sister-in-law.

And we just realized that all of September is booked. Labor Day weekend, we rented a cabin with my in-law - all 7 of us - in Maryland. The weekend after we have a wedding in Buffalo. And the weekend after that, we're going on a weekend vacation in Old Forge, NY with my parents. And I think I have a work function the last weekend in September.

PHEW! We're exhausted already!

But at least there will be lots of fun blog posts and pictures! :)

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Great pics! Looks like you had an awesome trip!