Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sassy Thoughts

  • Catholic scholars weighing in on whether or not NY Governor Andrew Cuomo should be taking communion
    Is this what the Catholic church has come to? We're now pointing fingers at which sinner can't be given communion. I understand what the reasoning is behind their decision, but I have to say that I don't completely agree with it. I thought that if a person felt they committed a mortal sin, then they shouldn't receive communion. I didn't know that the Church could call the person out to stop doing it. And really - is living with your girlfriend a mortal sin? I would call that a minor sin - especially if looking at the 10 Commandments. Because I feel breaking one of those would be considered mortal. And he's not really coveting someone else's wife...she's not married and neither is he!
  • Violence in Libya, Egypt, Bahrain, and the Middle East in general
    I'm so happy for the people who want to end the dictatorship of their country and take it back. But on a very superficial level, I don't want have to pay $5 a gallon for gas. I'll be stuck in this metropolis that I'm not in love with forever.
  • I'm bored at my job
    I know you aren't supposed to say this outloud but I need either (a) more work to do or (b) a new job. Right now I have 4 more hours here and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to make the time go by.
  • My parents are awesome
    My parents visited this past weekend and I miss them already! It was so good to see familiar faces and people who wanted to be with us. I loved being able to shop all day with my mom and just kind of show them both around our new city. I will admit that all that time with them straight did at points get tedious (and they seriously get up so early and go to bed so late) that I was ready for them to go home. But as soon as they left, I wanted them to come back. Hopefully I can see them again soon.
  • Sinus infections are the worst
    I had a crappy week at work and didn't get to sleep as I was busy counting at an inventory. Friday night I didn't get home until about 12:30am and then was up at 7 when the Hubster's alarm went off. Since my dad gets up at the crack of dawn, I got up with him. And I sort of had to because our spare room bed was being delivered between 8am and noon. Saturday night I was going to go to bed early, but mom wanted to stay up and chat, so I didn't get to bed until late. The same goes for Sunday and Monday. So Monday afternoon, my throat started to feel funny. And Tuesday I woke up with the worst sore throat. (Or rather, I woke up virtually every hour in the night and told my bedmate that my throat hurt. He didn't respond any of the times I announced my plight.)

    I think that I let myself get run down and didn't get the appropriate sleep needed to fend off any upcoming sinus infection. I have been taking Sudafed Sinus and trying to get in some extra sleep. And last night I put a few extra pillows on the bed so I was propped up and I feel much better now. The lesson in all of this is that I require a lot of sleep and should go with it. Or else take naps.
  • Vacations!!!
    I love vacation planning. We're heading to St. Lucia and staying at Sandals for a week in October...yay! It's going to be what we hope is an annual anniversary trip. And then we hope to go to Central PA in a few weeks for my Sister's birthday. We found this great B&B that looks amazing and it's close to some wineries and a brewery. Yes, please. :)
  • Weight (again)
    I'm seriously at my heaviest and there are definitely a lot of clothes in my closet that just don't fit. I haven't really had any pop and I'm trying to get to the gym and eat healthier. I's not so much working. Here's hoping I can get back to my wedding weight...and pronto!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: