Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Sunny Day

Sunny Day
The Gosselins take a trip to Sesame Place where they get to meet Elmo, Big Bird, and other friends.

~*~

Hurray! A fun family day out. Are they going to be okay? Will someone meltdown?

The kids seemed stoked to go visit all their favorite characters. They ask if Cookie Monster will be there and who else they are going to be seeing. Since the family hasn't ever been there before, they aren't really sure what to expect.

Drama ensues when Joel announces that "someone pooped in the yittle potty." Apparently the kids are still using the portable plastic toilets for "overflow." This concerns me for a few reasons. Number 1...it's gross that pee and poop just sits around for hours until they empty it once a day. Number 2...there are, by my estimates, 3 toilets in that house. How many times per day do those kids all need to pee at the same time? Number 3...can't they teach their kids to hold it for a few minutes while someone else does their business? I grew up with 3 other people and 1 bathroom. I learned how to hold it or hurry in there when the bathroom was free.

Of course, since there are multiple children of the same age, they *all* tell their parents about the pooping in the "yittle" potty. (I use *yittle* because it sounds adorable when they say it.) Everyone denies doing it. It turns out that Aaden did it but the guilty look on his face gives it away instantly.

While Kate's trying to get all the kids dressed, Jon performs a fashion show. Every single outfit that he tried on, Kate vetoed. Quite franky, I didn't see what the problem was with any of them. But she wanted him to look nicer, I guess.

After a whole lot of screaming on the part of the kids and Kate, the family finally gets loaded into the car and leaves for Sesame Place.

It is worth noting that before the family left, Cara and Collin were playing with a spider in the garage. Leah thought she was doing them a favor and squashed it into the ground with a mini flag pole. Both Collin and Cara got super upset, but Leah was so proud of herself!

Our first view of the park makes it seem super nice. Everything is brightly painted with character faces. The family's first ride was the carosel. The kids look like they really enjoyed themselves and were laughing through the entire ride.

Kate tells us that it was "so beastly hot." And Jon counters that it was 113 degrees outside. Somehow I doubt that it was *that* hot in the park, but he definitely gets the point across. Due to the heat, the family had to stop and rehydrate a lot. I'm glad they realized this and didn't make the kids trek all over the park without water. While Kate's disseminating water to everyone, she implores Jon to help her and stop looking at his physique. Now, I'm not expert, but I didn't even see a place where he could look at himself. They weren't by any mirrors or anything that reflects. At least she said in nicer than usual.

The kids decided to go down this monster slide. The parents followed and apparently the parents weren't allowed. Which seems strange that the workers wouldn't have stopped them while they were getting *in* the slide.

The poor kids went on a pirate ship kind of ride and the seats were so hot. Alexis went to sit down and the seats practically burned the poor thing. I've been there before girlfriend, and I admit that it hurts. Bad.

Around lunch time the kids start to get antsy and need some sugar. Mady gets really upset and decides she doesn't want to be there anymore and would rather get back into the car and go home. Instead of figuring out what's really wrong with her, Kate dismisses her and claims she just needs some sugar. I didn't realize that was the cure-all to meltdowns.

After lunch, Zoe came to visit the kids. They were so cute with her and Joel pronounced that she was so beautiful. Awww! Melts my heart!

The nice moment was interrupted with Kate talking about the kids beating up on the characters. Jon mentioned that it's hard for the characters who have large bellies, because the kids can get lost underneath them. Kate wastes no time and tells Jon that he must relate because he, himself, has a large belly. Nice.

The family got a tour of Elmo's World and got to meet Elmo and Dorothy the fish. It was cool to see the kids light up at meeting him. It was fun to see Mady get so excited. Especially after her lunch freak out.

Despite the family's objection to being in the waterpark, they realized that because it was so hot, they had to go this time. The little kids went to a waterfall sprinkling can thing and then a kiddie pool, while Mady and Cara went on a water slide thing with Jenny. Poor Jenny endured a water ride in white shorts, without her bathing suit. I do feel kind of bad for her, but let's face it...who goes to a water park and doesn't bring a change of clothes in case. But it was worth it because Mady declared that it was one of her best days ever. Coming from a kid that hates life most of the time, I'm happy for her. But sad that her regular life isn't so happy.

After everyone had cooled down, the kids got a backstage meeting with all the characters...Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Telly, Bert, Ernie, Zoe, Oscar, and Rosita. It was cute to see the kids interact with them and get some hugs. As per usual, Kate ruined it by making fun of Jon's hair when she was running her hands through Bert's hair. What? Has Jon's hair transplant not taken yet? Can't she leave the man alone for 5 seconds?

The show concluded with the family riding a roller coaster three times all together. I guess all the kids had to ride with an adult, so they enlisted the crew and some park workers to sit with the kids. Um, I have a problem with that. They allowed some complete strangers from the amusement park to sit with their kids? I don't know if that's really all that safe, but okaaaay.

And another thing...Kate mentioned they rode the roller coaster three times in a row. What happened to waiting in line? Do they not do that anymore? Because on a "beastly hot" day like that, the park would usually be swarming with people. I admit that if I was standing in line and these *celebrities* got to ride repeatedly without the line moving, I'd be really angry. But since I haven't popped out that many kids, I suppose life will just continue on as normal!

SassySarah's Review: I am just full of snark in this recap. The kids really did have a good time. And Kate wasn't too annoying. One thumb up.

No comments: