Monday, July 2, 2007

sick day

So I'm home sick today...well kind of...

I have carititous (however it's spelled) in both of my eyes. So I have put drops in them every hour and I figured that it would be better to work at home and deal with all the drops instead of being at work and dealing with it. So I'm doing some review and documenting at home...well sort of. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the week. Really, I don't want to work (who does) because I'm dying to strip the bathroom wallpaper off and start painting it. Although I know that I'm not going to be able to do it now, as I need to be doing work. Plus, I'm going away on Thursday night and I know that it will be a bad if I spend the week doing the bathroom and not my work - plus Nancy would get very mad at me. And let's face it - I just don't want to deal with that.

I cannot wait to leave for Baltimore on Thursday night. I haven't seen Beth in so long and I just can't wait to hang out and talk to her. I feel awful that we don't live close together anymore, so it'll be extra fun to see her! Plus, we're doing some sight-seeing and that should be extra fun! It is my life goal (well...one of them) to sit on Abe Lincoln's lap at the Lincoln Memorial. We'll see how that goes. I'm bring my gnome with me, so maybe he'll get to sit on Abe's lap. But here's to hoping it's going to be me...

This weekend should be fun to see other old friends...Dan, Stacey, Jeff, and Liz. I miss seeing all of them regularly like we usually did, so this should be quite fun! Dan is thinking of getting a job here, and that would be fun to see him again!

So as I sit here working (or doing as much of it as I can), I'm watching Little People, Big World. The family is currently in Hawaii and since Kristin's just back from Hawaii, it makes me want to go there. So , if there is anyone out there that would like to take me to Hawaii, I would LOVE to go there! :) I want to do it all - jet ski, snorkel, dolphin swim (another life goal), parasail, lay on the beach, see some volcanos, hike around (oh crap, did I say hike?). I'm taking all donations to my Hawaii fund...

Ok, time to get some more real work done...

No comments: