Monday, July 9, 2007

back to work

Back to work today after a week of working at home. It's hard to get back into the swing of things, but I'm attempting to get some work done.

The weekend was so productive and fun! Beth and Sarah M came to visit me on Friday night. How awesome was it to catch up with them and drink some daquiris while sitting on my deck! It was crazy! I couldn't believe I was actually sitting on my deck with them. It seemed so surreal to have them there. I guess it's because they aren't an every day part of my life, but having them there was so great. It was great to catch up with them and see what's new...I'm going to have to make a better effort to stay in touch with them. But I must say, when we're all together, it seems like we've never really been apart. Oh, how I miss them...

Saturday night Beth and Joyson visited for a LONG time...like until 4:30am long. But it was fun to be with Beth. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to see Joyson - I don't know that I've seen him in a few years, but Beth is just one of the best people I know. And spending any amount of time with her when she's around is exactly the best thing! And, I would like her to know that no matter what anyone says - she's not judgmental at all!

In addition to the above fun, I started to take the wallpaper down from my bathroom. It was quite a chore because instead of taking down just wallpaper, I started to accidentally take down THE FIRST LAYER OF DRYWALL! What a dum dum I am. Good thing this was the first time I did it - now I know for the next time I take down wallpaper! LOL Hopefully I can have the boy help me put some plaster over the part that needs it and I can get to painting by next weekend! How amazing would that be? Then my bathroom would be complete! It looks so funny and bare! Plus, I don't want to have anyone over until it's done!

Yesterday we went to the Taste of Buffalo. I ate some excellent food and now all I can think about are those fried raviolis! It rained a little while we were down there, but all in all, who cares when you're eating good food? :)

Better get back to work - it's my goal to finish this one walkthrough by the end of the day and it appears as though if I get my butt in gear, I'll be able to get it done! :)

No comments: