So I'm a little annoyed with my co-worker...I think it's probably just that he's the only one I've seen in the past 2 weeks. He's a super intense guy when it comes to work. It's hard for me to explain to him that he needs to look at the big picture. If this control fails, someone will catch it. There is no way that there's going to be a misstatement of over $4m. It's a hard concept for me to get across to him, so I think I'm going to need to find a new way to get that through to him.
But the worst of this is that all he wants to do is go out. I don't want to go to a bar. Why do I want to go out to a bar in a city where there's really nothing to do, when I have work at the room to do and to be completely honest, I really just don't want to go. I'm clearly not going out to meet people and if we end up out together, we're going to end up talking about work. Because seriously, what else are we going to talk about? His needy and sometimes crazy girlfriend? My boyfriend? Work? Oh yeah - all we have in common is work. Is that weird? I hope not.
I think what it all boils down to is that I really just want to go home. I feel like I really haven't done anything in the past 2 weeks but work. When I got home from Houston last week, I did massive amounts of laundry (in a hurry, I might add) and then I was at Kristin's wedding and now I'm in California. I just want to be able to go home and relax. Lay out, hang out with my boyfriend, and get some stuff done at home. Really...that's all I want.
Thank goodness for the hotel pool...I really think that is what has kept me sane for the past few days.
I am definitely excited about next weekend - we're going to Baltimore and Washington DC to visit some friends! I haven't seen Beth in about a year or more. I miss seeing her on a daily basis - she's such a wonderful friend and I absolutely love her!! Plus, I'm gonna roam around the country's capital for awhile and try to soak in some history (yeah, right...it is me we're talking about!). I hear that you can buy some fake purses when you're in DC...maybe I can get one of those cute Coach bags I've been eyeing lately...
Something hilarious...I checked my voicemail today for work and I got this one from a kid, Justin, who wanted to know if I was interested in buying his goat. Apparently he got my number from his mom and she told him I wanted one. I thought it was hilarious...do I look like a person who wants to buy a goat?!? The best part is that it was a work call...I never give out that number, so it must have been a mistake. haha
PS - I forgot to wish my friend Kristin and her new husband a very big CONGRATULATIONS on their wedding last Saturday!!! I had such a fun time at her wedding! So Kristin - thanks for asking me to be part of your special day...it was so much fun! I hope you're enjoying paradise...Aloha!

No comments:
Post a Comment