Sunday, February 11, 2007

end of the weekend

It's the end of the weekend...how sad is that? Despite the fact that I've spent the majority of the weekend with my parents, it has actually been quite relaxing!

My dad got a bonus from work and he is using half the money for new living room furniture and the other half for a new snowblower. His bonus to himself is that he isn't shopping for the furniture, but rather I am. So off mom and I went to look for a new couch! We went to a bunch of places and found tons of stuff. By the end of the day, we had limited it down to 2 couches...one was super formal and the other one was more our style. Of course, I laid down on each and every one of them to ensure that it would be comfortable for laying around on. (Don't know how much the sales people enjoyed that but too bad!) We think we found one, but then today, mom and dad (yes, dad!) went to a new place and found a similar but less expensive one. So who knows what we're going to get, but it'll be fun to have new furniture.

It's been very sad without the boy this weekend. I think this is the longest we've gone not seeing each other! :( But it's good to know that we can be without each other and still survive. Life does go on. Plus, I don't like to think of myself as one of those needy girlfriends who needs someone to be with her constantly. I like being independent. That being said, I do miss the boy and can't wait to see him in a few days!!

Lots of stuff coming up that's very exciting! Valentine's Day is Wednesday and while I'll be spending it at home with dad, it doesn't really matter. I don't need Hallmark to set a specific day for me to say that I love someone...I can do it any day I want! I ordered a gift certificate thing online - I paid $25 and will get a $50 gift certificate to this cute restaurant on Hertel. I think you have to use it by 2/28, but that's ok - it's supposed to be super good food! Plus, there's lot of wedding showers and the trip to Phoenix that's right around the corner. I can't believe it's all coming so quickly!!

Better get going...I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow!

No comments: