Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Four

Four years ago today the Hubster shocked the heck out of me and asked me to marry him.

There was so much going on in our lives at that time, so I was completely and totally caught off guard.  It was a Thursday night and I had so much going on.  My Grandma was dying and I was trying to spend as much time with her before she got sicker.  That night was also the Buffalo Corporate Challenge.  And while I wasn't running or walking in it, I was thinking about stopping in to visit with my co-workers and have a drink.

But the Hubster had other things in mind.  He told me he was cleaning and painting the boat and wanted me to come help him.  I was exhausted from running back and forth to the hospital and working all day.  So he promised me that we would go for ice cream.  I was about 2 seconds away from cancelling, but he sounded so insistent on the phone, so I relented and headed to his parents to help him.

And then it happened.  

I have very little memory of the actual event...thank goodness it's on tape!  Paul named his boat "The Proposal" and shaped the O to look like my ring.  When I saw the name, for a second, I thought this was a terrible name and a super mean trick.  Obviously it took until he got down on one knee for me to comprehend.

And even then I didn't really "get it."  I asked if this was for real.  And then I was in a fog until the next morning, when I totally freaked out.  hehe

Four years later, I'm so happy he asked.  And that I said yes!

No comments: