Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Madness

Lots to say...no particular order!

I was home for Easter last week and managed to get myself some Dairy Queen.  For some very sad reason they don't have any near me.  So I made sure to take advantage of this yummy treat!

My most favorite Easter treat - Peeps!!  I'm definitely in the camp of letting them sit out for a day to harden up!  My mom finds this practice disgusting, but it's pretty tasty to me.

Our yummy Easter ham.  Well...this is ham 2 of 2.  We ate 2 Easter dinners...one at my parents and one with the Hubster's.  So my tummy was extra full of yummy Easter food.

And the pierogies were absolutely to die for.  Sauerkraut and potato and cheese?!?!  Yes please!!

My parents came to visit for the weekend.  My birthday was yesterday and my mom's is today.  So we visited and celebrated both of our birthdays.

My paternal grandmother was such a cute Polish lady and made all of her own pierogies.  I recently got the recipe from my cousin, so Mom and I tried them out this weekend.  They were super delicious but very time consuming.  We made about 30, so I froze some and will make some more with the leftover filling in a few weeks.

I *love* penguins.  Like seriously love them.  And one of my friends made this cake and dropped it off at my work today.  How sweet is she?!?  And the cake was super delicious!

My nephew or niece's anticipated arrival is any day now!  Can't wait to meet Baby M!

No comments: