I'm heading to Buffalo tonight so I can help get ready for my Sister-in-Law's baby shower on Saturday. I'm super excited because it's going to be so cute. So instead of Friday posts, how about 3 on Thursday!
1. So incredibly thankful for the prayers for Ivy and my mom. Ivy had another open heart surgery and another valve replacement but is doing amazing. She appears to be on the mend and had completely exceeded expectations of her doctors. This is just fabulous news. She's clearly not out of the woods and will probably have more surgery in her future, but the fact that she's had 4 open heart surgeries in 10 weeks and is still a fighter is a true testament to the power of prayer.
I haven't blogged but my mom has been having some problems with her health. She was diagnosed with Wet Macular Degeneration. This undoubtedly leads to blindness. She's obviously devastated with this diagnosis, but currently she's in the early stages, can still see, and is undergoing treatment that seems to be stopping it. Many prayers are going out for her and we are so grateful that treatment is going well.
2. This picture above is from our anniversary in the Bahamas. We arranged for a private candlelit beach dinner. What this picture doesn't show is that I was attached by the sand flies and had about 30 bug bites on my arms and legs by the time this dinner was over.
Fast forward to today, all of those bites are currently infected and I look like a total horror movie. The bites have spread and I probably have 100 bites on my arms, legs, stomach, side, and back. It looks awful and I'm so incredibly itchy it hurts. I've been to 3 dermatologists and the regular doctor. I'm hoping this latest course of antibiotics will help because they keep getting worse and I hate it.
So here's hoping they get better soon!
3. Super excited for the baby shower for my future niece or nephew! I started making centerpieces and favors last weekend and can't wait to share all kinds of awesome pictures very soon! I head out tonight to get set up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good pics tomorrow night!



1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your mom. My dad has a lot of issues with his eyes too and blindness is a worry. He's in his 70's now - but still I pray that never happens.
Ugh, sorry about the flea bites! Reminds me of our honeymoon to Fiji. Didn't get any bites while we were there. But on our 13 hour flight home I put on some of the socks provided by the airline cause I get cold on the plan. Well must have been fleas in them, cause my ankles were all bitten up when we arrived home. It was horrible!
I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend this Saturday. Can't wait to see pics from yours.
Post a Comment