Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Lenten Sacrifice
I am now almost 2 weeks into my lenten sacrifice of giving up pop. I can honestly say that I am now feeling better...because the first 2 weeks were a MONSTER!
I think part of the problem was that I knew I couldn't have a Pepsi or Sprite whenever I wanted it. So the temptation was right in front of me. I told Paul that I felt like the devil himself was standing in the kitchen taunting me with a Coke.
But I stayed strong. And turned into a nightmare.
Last week I was grouchy and irritable. I felt awful and was getting super bloated. I drank a crazy amount of water but I was still feeling bad. And on Saturday night, I gave in to temptation and drank a Coke at dinner.
I feel bad that I couldn't do it. That I allowed myself to rationalize my decision. How I said that technically Sundays didn't count and it was Saturday night so I could count it. Ugh.
But despite my slip up, I realized something. My Coke didn't taste that great. After I drank it, I craved water. And I had a sweetened ice tea Sunday for lunch and it was almost too much. Instead, I grabbed a water.
Today, I even had 2 cups of tea with no sugar. Usually I have to put sugar in to be able to stand the taste of tea. But I didn't need it.
So maybe this has turned into something good. Despite the lapse in my resolve, I have come to realize that it's ok. I can get back into my lenten sacrifice and maybe even get some healthier habits in, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment