I have the most amazing mother. Throughout my life, she has always been there for me. I can't even begin to count the number of basketball, softball, and track meets she has sat through. And my mom, she hates sports! She was there every single time I was sick. She knows exactly how to rub my head when I have a headache. And when I have a really bad day or something is wrong, I know that I can call my mom and she'll be there. I love her so much and she's always been so amazing. Not a day goes by when I don't feel that she loves me. Even on the days that she drives me bonkers!
So many people in life are at odds with their mothers-in-law. I, on the other hand, have one of the best there is. My husbands mother is one of the most kind and generous women that I have ever met. She would literally give someone the shirt off their back if they were walking down the street. She embodies everything good in life. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She treats me as if I were her own daughter. And I love having her in my life.
Of course I have to shout out Paul's Nana. She is the sweetest woman in the world. Right now, it's hard for us to see her age and struggle with who she is right now, but we love her so much. And we love spending time with her when we are home.
I would be remiss to do a mother's day post without mentioning my grandmothers. Unfortunately they are not physically with me anymore but I feel their spirits with me every single day.
My Grandma J was such a sweet person. She was always happy and generous. She loved my Grandpa so much and I can only hope and pray that Paul and I have a life that full.
Grandma S has only been gone from us for 2 years, but it seems like so much longer. I love her so much and miss her more and more. Her presence is missed today. Sometimes when I'm sad and missing her, I feel her next to me. And that is so comforting.
There is one last person I need to mention and that is my birth mother.
On a day like today, I feel so blessed that she chose this life for me. I have an amazing life. and none of this would be possible without what must have been the most difficult decision of her life. I don't know if we will ever meet, but if ever given her the opportunity, I would love to thank her.
Finally - to all the moms in the world - I hope you had a great day. I think it's so important for us to celebrate you because you have the hardest job in the entire world. I can't even imagine what it will be like to be a mom one day, but I hope you know that I have the utmost respect for what you do every day.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:
What a great post! I didn't know you were adopted. My friend who adopted a baby girl 3 years ago celebrates "birth mother's day" every day before mother's day to thank her daughter's birth mother for choosing life for their daughter.
Post a Comment