Tuesday, August 14, 2007

celebrity

Why am I obsessed with celebrities and reality-tv?

Let's take Britney Spears for example. I never was really obsessed with her when she was super famous. I think her songs are fairly catchy (ok, they are on my iPod), but she was just ok in my opinion. Now I just think she is so sad. Isn't there anyone in her life that can help her get the help she deserves? And I don't think sending her to a cushy rehab place is going to help her either. Seriously. It seems like everyone in her life just wants to be famous and they are all just using her.

Paris Hilton - how the hell can she be famous for doing nothing? I mean she is literally done nothing in her life. She's gotten in movies and stuff, but really? I guess what burns me is that she thinks she is way better than the rest of us. If I were in the same situation as she was, I would have gone to jail after the first DUI, not gotten probation. It really is a different life, huh?

Lindsay Lohan...what a horribly sad story. She needs someone good and real in her life. And it's clearly not her parents. She also needs to go to one of those hard core rehab places like Britney. Spending a month at a spa isn't going to help you kick your addiction. And she needs to move away from all these toxic people in her life. They aren't helping her at all.

Ok enough of them...onto my other random obsessions...reality-tv

One of my most favorite shows started last night - The Hills. Really, it's a show about these 4 girls and their lives in Hollywood. Why do I find it so fascinating? I'm 25 years old for goodness sake...do I need to watch this garbage? Yes. Why? I have no idea.

And it's not like The Hills is the only reality show I watch...there's The Bachelor (and of course, the Bachelorette), The Singing Bee, Super Nanny, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Hogan Knows Best, Real World, I Love NY, and a whole variety of others. Does that make me weird?

Perhaps I should just stop watching TV and buying magazines? NAAH

No comments: