So I'm in Cali this week. It's going ok - the people are nice and seem to remember me. I'm having trouble understanding some of the stuff here, but I think I'll eventually get it. The best part of being here this week is that I get to be by the pool by 4:30 every afternoon. Can't complain about that! :)
I am definitely looking forward to being back home and having a more low-key week. I'm planning on having some friends over for dinner. That should definitely be fun! I can't wait to see them. But I first shall continue some of the unpacking in the basement and my spare room!
Since I'm traveling this week, I sent Al an email. I really enjoy keeping in touch with him. I think working in the Residence Life office was definitely one of the best jobs I ever had. And while sometimes I hated it (like when they forced me to do the mail), the people really were great to work with. The summers were probably the easiest summer job that I ever had (hanging out with Megan and doing basically nothing). And I definitely loved my coworkers...Charlie was a blast to hang out with all the time, Johnna provided lots of fun drama, Dana scared me but she really was a good person, Megan gave me a glimpse into a life I thought I wanted but am now glad that I didn't have, Tee made me laugh and everytime I listen to some music it reminds me of her, Liz was perhaps the sweetest girl I have ever met, and the secretaries were quite entertaining. Kathy was like the mother hen and I feel like she genuinely cared about us and how we were doing. And the other secretaries...Pat was definitely all business but a great lady who definitely knew what she was doing...Sharon is a nut and I can't believe that she turned into such a psycho who stalked Kath...and Patti was just crazy and definitely not my favorite person. Perhaps my most favorite people of all in Res Life were Matt and Al. They were all business and let us mix a little fun into it. I miss working for them sometimes. But it's nice to keep in touch and see them from time to time.
Better get back to work...I have a pool awaiting for me in an hour! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment