There has been SO much going on around here. Which is why I haven't blogged in FOREVER. But everything is good news.
In late March, my boss found a small company in PA that was for sale. The technology might seem a bit different than ours, but all-in-all, it looks to be a very good fit with ours. So I spent 3 weeks (including my birthday!) holed up in a small office reading through documents, consulting with lawyers, and crunching numbers like I've never done before. The outcome was that we purchased this small company and decided to move our company there, too.
After the deal was closed, in record time, I might add, the Hubster and I started to diligently look for houses. Because we were looking at a tight time frame, we needed to find a house in about 6 weeks. So for about 6 weeks, I scoured Zillow, Realtor.com, and any other place that had a house listing.
We found a few homes that we totally fell in love with. One was a new-ish build that was meant to look like an old farmhouse. We loved it. The decorating was perfect and the layout was awesome. The problem was that they never really "finished" the house and cut corners in the parts they did. And while we aren't afraid to do work ourselves, we just didn't want to pay the asking price and then invest a lot more money too.
We found a house that someone else beat us too and even almost bid on a house that we later found out had a serious mold problem.
It was an exhaustive process that was getting frustrating. I felt bad because this was our first house - we should be excited, not discouraged and rushing through it.
So in a moment of desperation, the Hubster looked on Craigslist and said that there was a model home that was for sale and that we should check it out. I was skeptical because I was scammed on Craigslist once.
We showed up to the house and it was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
We bid on it the next day and closed last week. We move in next week.
WE'RE HOMEOWNERS!!!
So I present to you...our first home!
Obviously I think this is the cutest house on the street!
The front entry way
The front room as we are calling it. I just bought a cute couch for it and can't wait to see my Christmas tree in that window this winter!
My amazeballs kitchen!! Can't wait to make some yummy meals in here for us.
My new super fancy fridge is arriving next week. It's got an ice and water maker which the Hubster agreed we could get. Cold drinks - here we come!
Just assembled an awesome table for our eat-in kitchen area.
Can't you just picture another tree in here to one side of the fireplace?
The bathroom upstairs is big enough for dancing!
The master bedroom looks small for some reason but I can't wait to see all our furniture in there.
Looking forward to living in the house soon and can't wait to share finished pics!










1 comment:
Wow congratulations!!! What a beautiful new home! I love your kitchen cabinets and counters. And the fireplace looks so cozy. You'll definitely have fun decorating at Christmas!
P.S. I haven't blogged in ages too!
Post a Comment