I realized that last year, I spent a lot of time stressed out. Work was so crazy busy and I was spending between 60 and 80 hours a week either at work or working at home. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my skin and spent a lot of time worrying and researching and trying to find a doctor who could help me. And then I spent a lot of the end of the year, trying to manage my family situation. And that always leads to headaches.
I don't want this to seem like I'm complaining about the above, it was just a lot for me to have on my plate. And I didn't want 2014 (and then some) to turn into this endless abyss of stress and crazy.
So I tried to think of ways that I could use my faith to help me figure all of this out.
And then it hit me.
I have to remember that the Lord is always holding my hand. When I get upset, I usually reach for Paul's hand, but I have to remember that the Lord is holding my other one. Always. And that he is with me through all my decisions, stress, and everyday life. And when I forget that, I often struggle.
In the past 14 days of 2014, I think I've had to remember that the Lord is holding my hand many times. We drove back from the holidays in the Polar Vortex and the conditions were a bit treacherous. We narrowly avoided an accident and were very thankful.
Sunday we hit a GIANT pothole (like it could literally swallow up a small child) and Paul blew out the tire and cracked his wheel. Thankfully we were safe and the car tire can be replaced.
And the kicker is yesterday - we got a call that there was an attempted break-in at our apartment. Thankfully we believe the lady downstairs came home at the right time and scared the burglar away.
All of these things would normally send me in a tizzy. But I'm trying to reach for the Lord's hand. So far it's working. Although I think he can squeeze a little less these days.
Not to leave anything to chance, last night, the Hubster fortified the door of the attempted break in. Clearly no one is getting anywhere near the house now! :)
~*~
On a different note, Happy 82nd Birthday to my Grandma in heaven. I miss her so much but I know she's celebrating in a way I couldn't even begin to imagine.


No comments:
Post a Comment