Friday, March 8, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  I've been following the Spence family blog for years now.  I randomly found their blog when I accidentally clicked next on the top of my blog.  They seem like a wonderful family and I have enjoyed reading about their life and adventures through the blog.  Unfortunately their daughter has had some medical issues lately and they have thankfully been able to get the proper treatment and she's on the mend.

They have started a blog to raise awareness of their daughter's diagnosis.  Go to their blog, PANS & PANDAS Awareness to learn more.

And pray for their daughter's complete and total healing.

2.  We just got blasted with winter again.  It looked pretty on the drive into work this morning but now it's turned into mushy brown snow.  My app says it will be in the 50s this weekend so it should be melted.  Which is good.  I'm ready for Spring!


3.  The Hubster and I watched Zero Dark Thirty last weekend.  I am very squeamish when it comes to violence.  So I had my doubts about it.  But it wasn't really about violence.  I think the rating came from it's psychological thriller aspect.  I thought it was a really great movie.  It felt like it moved slowly for so long but it was very interesting.  I also made the Hubster crazy during the slower parts.  I definitely said "I wonder if they are going to show how they killed Bin Laden.  Ooops...did I just ruin it for you?" hehehe

The movie made me have an even greater appreciation for our military.  My brother-in-law is a Marine and spent time in Iraq after the war started.  I can't even imagine what he went through or the conditions that he spent a lot of time patrolling in.  May God bless the soliders and keep them safe throughout the world.  They risk their lives to keep ours safe.  And that is a sacrifice that so many don't recognize or understand.

4.  There's finally some progress being made with my skin issues.  I saw 5 different doctors and was put on so many different medicines and creams I can't even keep track.  But after a rather painful and annoying skin allergy test, we have finally come to a conclusion!

I am allergic to gold, bacitracin, neomyicin, and thimerosal.  What are these you ask?  Bacitracin and neomyicin are 2 antibacterial creams that are included in antibiotic cream (including neosporin).  The first doctor that I saw recommended that I put neosporin on all of the bug bites to help them heal.  Well since I am very allergic to those antibiotics, my skin just completely overloaded and couldn't handle it.  Which completely makes sense as to why the infection spread all over my body.

I'm very sad to not have gold in my life.  My wedding ring is gold and I'm not wearing it anymore.  My hand feels lonely!  And thimerosal is in a lot of lotions and eye washes and things. 

So for the next 3 weeks, I am detoxing my body from the above items.  I'll slowly reintroduce gold so hopefully i can continue to wear my wedding ring.

5.  One of my new co-workers just relocated here from England.  They rented an apartment around the corner from us so we have been hanging out with them on the weekends.  Their kids so stinking cute and the British accent coming out of a 1 and half year old kills me!!

Have a super weekend! :)

No comments: