Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap

For the last 4 weekends, we have been packing up (at least) 3 days worth of clothes on Thursday night and leaving work early to drive (or fly) somewhere to be with our family and friends.

Don't get me wrong - I *love* our family and friends but it was getting kind of exhausting to pack and unpack every few days.

So this weekend, we didn't have any plans. We didn't have to meet any family member out of town. We didn't have huge work commitments that forced us to work during our weekend. And we didn't have anything we *had* to do. (Minus the laundry and general clean up of the house).

Friday night after work, we ordered in pizza and watched our favorite Friday night show, Blue Bloods. It was so weird to be able to lay in my jammies on the couch, just relaxing.

Saturday, we slept in and we were in our own bed. This might not sound like a big deal, but it was amazing to be in my own comfy bed. It wasn't hard as a rock, didn't have plastic on it, or have a million and one other people who've slept in it. My body was so happy to wake up and just hang out!

For the rest of the day, we cleaned up the house and just generally had a lazy day. I've been doing a lot of crafty projects for Christmas presents and it was nice to just be able to work on them all day and watch Titanic which was on E!. (Note: That's one of those movies that I always get sucked into watching. Even though I know the ending isn't going to change. )

When the Hubster got home from the gym, he invited me out on a date! We went to Fork & Vine, a really fun restaurant that has delicious cocktails and pretty good dinners. After dinner, I insisted upon watching our wedding video (it is almost 1 year!!) and then we just hung out together.

Then yesterday, we had some friends over for dinner and basically finished picking up after ourselves and relaxed.

An awesome weekend.

Next weekend we are going away again, but this time it's an anniversary trip and I can't wait to see what kind of surprises are in store for us!

I also have to give BIG props to the Buffalo Bills who are 3-0! We haven't had a season start this good in a very long time. So happy for this team and my favorite town - I Bill-ieve!

No comments: