The month of January is devoted to consciously working on boosting vitality and energy, because as Rubin writes, "research shows being happy energizes you, and at the same time, having more energy makes it easier for you to engage in activities - like socializing and exercise - that boost happiness. Studies also show that when you feel energetic, your self-esteem rises" (18).
For her project, Rubin decided to work on the following 5 steps to boost her energy:
- Go to sleep earlier
- Exercise better
- Toss, restore, organize
- Tackle a nagging task
- Act more energetic
1. Go to sleep earlier - I like to be in bed around 11 every night. And lately I haven't been heading upstairs or at least in the bedroom vicinity until at least 11:30 or 12. Which is probably why I struggle out of bed in the morning. So I should work on getting to sleep at a decent time.
2. Exercise better - I go through spurts of working out like crazy and then doing nothing but sit on the couch and stuff my face. Right now I'm in a period of sitting around. Since the wedding (and summer) are vastly approaching, I'm hoping to motivate myself into working out again. Hey - maybe this project will do it!
3. Toss/Restore/Organize - Yes. I need to do this. I have so much junk I don't even know what to do with it all. And since I'm in all likelihood putting the house on the market in the next few months, I should get on this. ASAP.
4. Tackle a nagging task - see #3
5. Act more energetic - I think I should start doing this. Maybe I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment